Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Natural Dandelion Control

In our yard, we have a raging infestation of dandelions. Everyone in our area deals with their own share of dandelions, but I happen to think our yard gets hit by weeds worse than some. It really doesn't help that there is a currently unoccupied rental next door where the yard isn't even mowed.

So, how do we control weeds? Well, last week I enlisted (bribed) the help of my 7 year old and 5 year old. The incentive? 1 penny per dandelion head,  5 cents for a root.

Kylie went for the roots. She took the challenge to heart.


Ayla didn't bother going for the root, but she sure was proud of those dandelions she picked!


And they enjoyed hamming it up for the photo shoot that followed.


In the end, my yard had fewer dandelions going to seed, my kids were occupied for a good part of an evening and I invested a total of $3.37 towards dandelion weed control.


Don't forget to sign up for the Olympia Local Foods - $25 Giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment