Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thankful for Spring Flowers



I admit it. I love flowers. I love growing flowers in my garden. I love looking at flowers at a farmers market or nursery. I love displaying cut flowers on my kitchen table. I love smelling the strong perfume of flowers.

It is currently spring, but the weather does not seem to be aware of that fact quite yet. Just yesterday we experienced sun, rain, hail and snow. Yes, you read that correctly, snow. In the midst of season confusion, I am thankful to see the bright, spring flowers in my beds. They add bright spots of color and their fragrance welcomes guests to my home.

I am thankful for this frilly daffodil. It is the only daffodil in my yard that has decided to bloom. (For some reason daffodils and I don't get along very well.)


 I am thankful for these fritillaria. Their dainty blooms and checkered petals make me smile.

 

I am thankful for hyacinth. It wouldn't feel like spring without their bright spots of color and amazing fragrance.


I am thankful for spring flowers.

What are you thankful for today?

 Come join me (and my friends at Adventures Of Raising A Baby In The City )! Every almost every Thursday, I will post something for which I am thankful, and I would love it if you participate as well. It is medicine for the soul to give thanks and, when practiced regularly, results in contentment. It can be anything: silly, personal, or blog related. Just take a moment to give thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment