Friday, April 22, 2011

Thankful for Goodwill Dishes


We have been so blessed in the dishes department. When we were first married, my aunt gave us some dishes she found at a garage sale. The set wasn't complete or perfect, but it served us well for several years. Then a couple of years ago my aunt's friend passed away and we inherited her very nice set of dishes. Dishes are fairly expensive and I am very grateful that we have not needed to purchase them.

Recently, though, a few of our small "Bread and Butter" sized dishes have cracked. Some of the "fault lines" have been visible for a few years, but just recently have they completely lost their structural integrity and bitten the dust.

I thought this provided the perfect opportunity to add more dishes to our nice, relatively new set. (That set only came with 2 dessert sized plates.) The way I figured, I would just round out the set by ordering 6 more Bread and Butter sized plates. As I searched the internet, the cheapest plates I could find were $7 each before shipping. Yikes! That adds up fast! I was looking at at least $42 plus shipping!

 At that point I decided that the plates didn't need to match perfectly. I would be very content with whatever I could find at Goodwill.


I couldn't find a set of 6 matching small plates, but I brought home 3 sets of 2 plates. And they only cost $ .59 each!


So today, I am very thankful for my Goodwill finds. I am thankful for small, inexpensive plates.

What are you thankful for today?

 Come join me (and my friends at Adventures Of Raising A Baby In The City )! Every almost every Thursday, I will post something for which I am thankful, and I would love it if you participate as well. It is medicine for the soul to give thanks and, when practiced regularly, results in contentment. It can be anything: silly, personal, or blog related. Just take a moment to give thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment